Several seller mistakes or misconceptions occur rather predictably in residential real estate. Here are the most common ones.
1. Pricing higher than the competition
2. Refusing reasonable offers early on
3. Not putting the property in the best condition for sale
4. Making showing the property difficult
5. Becoming emotionally attached to the property and forgetting that the emotional attachment does not add value in the eyes of the buyer.
6. Blaming the agent for the market.
7. Not reducing the price in a timely manner, causing market aging.
It is up to your agent to help you understand these “sins” and overcome them. This will help you sell your home in the shortest amount of time and make you the most money.