If you are running out of ideas for kiddos during this quarantine check out this list of resources!
Offline Activities For Children
- Fun Learning Games offers ideas for crafts, singing games and games that stimulate math and language skills.
- 100 Activities to Do at Home During School Closures. This website offers a list of in-home activities for children of all ages: from recipes to ideas of how to make regular games, such as hide-and-seek, more fun.
- 20 Old-School Ways to Keep Kids Busy Without Screen Time. This list of ideas on how to keep children busy at home includes building sculptures, playing treasure hunt or even asking kids to help with chores.
- The 15 Best Activities for Children to Help Them Learn Through Play. A list of 15 activities children can do at home through “play” learning.
- Giant List of Activities. 71 ideas of things children can do at home. Some stimulate learning, some are just for fun.
- The Best Ideas for Kids. List of 100 indoor ideas for children.
- Music Activities for Preschoolers. Eight music-related activities that will encourage children to explore their musical talent. Some of these activities need props for dressing up or playing instruments.
- Music Activities for Children. These indoor activities stimulate children’s musical interest. Some use old materials to create instruments and others use instruments to create music.
Online Activities For Children
- 27 Best Educational Games for Kids. On this website, you can find dynamic learning games for children that will help them develop skills in science and art.
- Scholastic Learn At Home offers different 20-day long learning experiences for children from kindergarten till ninth grade. Each day, children will watch videos, read books or articles and comment on what they’ve learned.
- Kids Classes From Home. On this website, early childhood educators lead the sessions, which include yoga or cooking, and provide ideas for activities that kids can do offline. The sessions are live but can also be streamed on-demand.
- Free, Easy Science for Remote Learning. This website has free science lessons for children from kindergarten to fifth grade. Lessons vary from short five-minute videos to 30-minute lectures. Some also offer activities that children can do at home.
- The Kennedy Center Art Classes. Videos of daily art classes by Mo Willems, writer, and animator of books for children.
- Buzzfeed Ideas to Entertain Children. A list of 18 ideas to do at home with children, including learning to play instruments online and yoga classes for kids
Together we will all get through this challenging time! Try and focus on the positive. Hopefully, you will find a few of the above resources helpful.